Lock Haven University
Lock Haven University offers an accredited Master of Science program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling online through asynchronous and synchronous formats. Graduates of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program will develop their counseling professional identity through participation in professional organizations and through ethical and professional behavior in their work.
With the integration of two additional courses, students can pursue counseling tracks in child and adolescent practice or working with military personnel and veterans.
The Master of Science program at Lock Haven is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and prepares students for licensure in Pennsylvania as a professional counselor. Students living in other states should check with their licensing board for reciprocity agreements and course requirements.
School Name: Lock Haven University
Program Name: Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Program Length: Three to Four Years
Enrollment Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Instruction Methods: Asynchronous and Synchronous
Phone Number: (570) 484-3336
- 60 Credits
- 100 Hour Practicum
- 600 Hour Internship
- Clinical Mental Health
- Child and Adolescent
- Military/Veterans and their Families
- Undergraduate degree in psychology or related discipline
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Work and/of life experience surrounding clinical mental health counseling
- Personal interview
- Completed online application
- Official transcripts from previous universities
- Three letters of professional recommendation, at least one discussing your ability to succeed academically
- State of Professional Goals - one page in length
- Experience in the mental health field
- Why you want to attain a degree from LHU
- How this degree will help you achieve your specific career goals
Lock Haven University’s program information was last updated in April of 2020. For more information, visit the university's website above.